Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Overanalyze That

Intro:

So here's a new segment of my blog I'm introducing this week: I call it Overanalyze That.  Basically, for each installment I'll choose a certain theme, story element, or plot device that is pervasive among a variety of storytelling mediums (books, movies, graphic novels, video games, you get the picture).

For each post I make for the segment, I'll choose a specific example of the theme being used, then extensively, exhaustively, all-encompassingly analyze it.

Once I've made multiple posts on a subject, you and I will be able to compare and contrast the ways in which different mediums approach the subject, and hopefully can gain a better (or at least more appreciative) understanding of the topic.

I get to analyze fun stories, and you get to read about those fun things without having to do any actual analytical work.  Everyone goes home happy.

Posts made for this new segment will be marked with an (OT) in the title, short for Overanalyze That.

First on the Agenda: 

 The Seven Deadly Sins!

Laaaaaaaaaaaadies.

Tune in tomorrow for a primer on these fine-looking ladies, as described by Dante's classic text, Inferno.

*Photo compliments of www.tvtropes.org

No comments:

Post a Comment